Transferring money abroad: Malaysia to China

November 15, 2009

To transfer money from Malaysia local bank to one of the China Bank, there are several ways that I found on how to do it:

1. Through the bank Foreign Telegraph Transfer (FTT)
  2. Online services such as Paypal
  3. 3rd party agent, such as Western Union, Xoom
  4. Of course there are other ways that I am not really looking into it, such as through ikobo, moneygram, etc

Most people would recommend Paypal to transfer the money. Paypal the most popular way to make online payment. However, the charges on the receiving side in China to withdraw money to their local bank is USD35.00 per transaction! That is unbelievable, as if compare to Malaysia, it costs only RM3.00 to withdraw the money.

How about FTT? I personally owned a Maybank & CIMB accounts. Maybank charges RM10.00, while CIMB charges RM30.00. It seem like an good option. There are some netizen comments that there will be intermediary charges and also charges from China local bank, which will normally cost around USD10 to USD25. There is no problem for me, as this could be the safest way. However, the FORM in the bank do not allow special characters to be filled in. Meaning, Chinese characters are totally disallowed as they are not A-Z letters. As you know, China main language is Mandarin and they use Chinese characters for their full name, home address, etc for any official purpose. Consequencely I gave up FTT method as I am unhappy with how the Form was designed. Furthermore, after each transaction you would leave trail behind in National Bank. I do not want to myself into any trouble which might come in the future.

Western Union, indeed is the fastest way to send the money in just a few minutes – few hours. They have built their reputation since long time ago. However I wish to do the transaction Online without going out to find WU agent located in somewhere else. Furthermore, the transaction fee is expensive.

Xoom is yet another way to transfer the money abroad. If you are transferring from US Bank, the fee would be USD4.99 and capped at maximum of USD9.99 for any amount of transaction. If you use credit card, debit card or paypal, the fees rise corresponding to your transaction amount. The form design of XOOM also do not allow Chinese characters to be filled.

My own experience

I decided to do the transaction using Snapgold + Liberty Reserve + Gold2Ex. Liberty Reserve (LR) is the largest digital currency service company due to some legal trouble that strikes E-gold. If you haven’t heard of LR, LR works like Paypal and you can fund your LR account through the Agents in local country. Gold2ex is the exchanger service located in China. I used it to convert LR to RMB funded into China local bank.

Here is the exact steps on how I do it: (Providing I have an account in Maybank2u, Liberty Reserve, Gold2Ex)

1. Funds LR via Snapgold (I was funded in3 hours time)
  2. Transfer my LR funds to Gold2ex LR account (Register the transaction details first on gold2ex website)
  3. Gold2ex transferred the funds to Recipient’s China local bank ( in 1+ hour time)

Overall, I completed the transferring process in 4+ hours. By comparing the money I paid and the funds recipient received in China, I get the Forex RATE of 1USD = 1.84556 RMB.

10 Comments
July 3, 2010 @ 9:32 pm

excellent information. thanks a lot!

bahram
May 13, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

Earning $4000 is not as hard as you think, you need only 3 simple steps:

Step 1
Pay your #1 user from the list below with 2$ of LibertyReserve. Make sure you click ‘Continue’ to fill our form. After your payment, you will be redirected to registration page.

Step 2
Fill the registration form with your Username, Email and Libertyreserve. You will be added to the list on the 5th position and the current user on 5th position will be moved one level up.

Step 3
You’ll get your URL (Referral link). Promote this URL everywhere to get as much downline as you can. Don’t have LibertyReserve account? Open FREE LibertyReserve account
To fund your LibertyReserve account you need an LibertyReserve exchanger. Find LibertyReserve exchangers in your country at Google
(use keywords: ‘LibertyReserve ,exchanger, your country’).

There is no admin interference in this program. 100% fair play guaranteed.

evan
December 12, 2011 @ 11:15 am

1USD = 1.84556 RMB? You must be crazy!
1USD = 6.31795 RMB/CNY now.

I can say most of your money was taken by Snapgold + Liberty Reserve + Gold2Ex.

anna
March 9, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

you can now using bank of china (m) bhd, they allow chinese characters to be filled up and is the safest way and the charges is acceptable. China there will also receive full amount of RMB. you can try and call for enquiries: 07-3530888 bank of china jb branch

charles
August 18, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

can I pay into my libertyreserve account open in nigeria from here in malaysia? If yes what is the limit?

September 16, 2013 @ 1:35 am

Yes, you can use Bank of China (at the OSK Building next to Ampang Park) to do TT and you do not need to have an account with them, but it cannot go more then RM10,000 per transaction. They charge something like RM30 for fees.

March 11, 2020 @ 7:08 pm

Truly when someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other visitors that they will help, so here it occurs.

KristaPrure
March 17, 2020 @ 1:00 am

Белорусский трикотаж Свитмода|Молодежная женская одежда Свитмода|Одежда женская больших размеров Ситмода Бай|

March 18, 2020 @ 11:57 am

Generic are the identical clones of branded medications. The only difference in the two being the patent and the price at which it is sold. It contains the same active ingredients and match the branded drug in terms of both pharmacokinetic and chloroquine pharmacodynamic properties. Be it dosage, strength, route of administration, safety, efficiancy, or use, genetics match their counterparts in all aspects.

March 18, 2020 @ 7:50 pm

Если вы любитель онлайн казино 2020 года то, вероятно, заметили, что онлайн-казино приобрели популярность в последние годы. рефераты бесплатно по товаров. Онлайн-казино дает игроку возможность играть во все свои любимые игры дома и вдали от своего компьютера или даже смартфона. На этой странице вы найдете плюсы и минусы онлайн-казино, а также казино в России, которые лицензированы и позволяют вам наслаждаться магией и бонусами казино, не предлагаемыми реальными казино.