I am having problem installing .NET Framework 4.0 in my new notebook. Without any descriptive error message (this is what Microsoft always does!), there is no choice but to find the solution come out by non-microsoft guys.
Here come the solution:
Before installing .NET Framework 4.0,
- open cmd
- type in command "net stop WuAuServ" (disable windows update)
- Go to Run (you can do this by pressing Win + R) and type in "%windir%" (this command let you go to your windows system folder)
- Find the folder "SoftwareDistribution" and rename it as "SDold"
- Then, go back your previous command prompt and run the command "net start WuAuServ"
- Now, try to install .NET Framework again